How to Clean and Maintain Oriental Rugs?
Posted on February 11 2019
Oriental rugs are hand woven, or hand knitted rugs. These usually originate from the Southern regions of Asia and are very highly priced. They are strong yet delicate and sophisticated yet vibrant. They add a special touch to the room they become a part of and help enhance the theme of that area.
Did you accidentally spill coffee on your Oriental rug?
Did your precious child or beloved dog track mud across your beautiful rug?
Regularly cleaning and maintaining your rug can also make it remain beautiful for many years to come. Before you get started on cleaning your rug, there are a few things to remember. If you have an antique Persian or Oriental rug, then leave it to the professionals. Antique rugs are beautiful and delicate. They need to be spot cleaned by experienced and knowledgeable professionals.
Clean your oriental rugs and get back their shine with ease!
We understand that you can’t always call the professionals to keep cleaning your rug every time something like this happens.
So here are the steps for DIY rug cleaning that can not just help you out in a pinch, but also keep your rugs looking clean and tidy until its time to hand them over to professionals.
- Vacuum the front and the back to remove dirt and debris from the surface.
- Use a brush to remove finer, clingier debris, like hair, fur or lint.
- Lay the rug out on a waterproof surface, like your driveway or patio.
- Mix rug shampoo or a few squirts of liquid dish water in a bucket of warm water. Avoid hot water as it can shrink the rug.
- Be sure to test the solution you mixed on a small, inconspicuous area of the rug and check if the color runs.
- Apply the cleaning solution on to the rug using a soft-bristled brush or a sponge and work it to a lather. Avoid over saturating the rug.
- Allow the cleaner to sit for around 5 minutes and use the garden hose to rinse the rug off.
- Use a wet vacuum to remove as much water from the rug as possible. Flip the rug over to dry both sides.
- Lay the rug out flat and let it dry out completely.
Oriental Rug Cleaning Services GTA
Oriental rug cleaning is an art best left to the professionals. They understand the intricacy of the weaves and the fragility of the rug before cleaning. Bluepaisley offers effective rug cleaning services around GTA Ontario.
Get the new feel back in your oriental rug with Blue Paisley’s rug cleaning services!